Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dr. Christie's site



I think that Dr. Christie's website would be very helpful for teachers. I think that the section that I would use the most would be the "Searching the Web" part. You have two choices withing this section and they are Search Engines and Subject Directories or Online Researching Resources. They can both be very useful but I think that I would probably get most use of the Search Engines and Subject Directories in the classroom.

The Search Engine and Subject Directories section is a list of websites and tools that students and teachers can use. There are several choices within this section. It includes things such as search engines and websites for kids and teachers, details on how to safely and effectively use search engines, and a PowerPoint presentation on how to search the web effectively. Many people would benefit from this section of her site.

The other section in "Searching the Web" is Online Researching Resources. It includes Databases, Encyclopedias, Almanacs, Web Cam Directories, Virtual Field Trips, Simulations, and more. There is so much helpful information in this section of the site that could be used by teachers. The Web Cam was very neat and I know students would love to watch a live view of pandas or virtual simulations of dissections and earthquakes. This and many other things in this section would be very helpful in the classroom.

I really enjoyed learning about this site and will definitely save it to use when I begin teaching again. I saw many things that I can use now and in the future. I think that the site is very easy to use and is helpful. I am not sure that I will be able to use it with lower elementary students, but I personally also enjoyed the photography section. She has beautiful pictures on this and I would love to look at more of them and share them with the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment